Company of the Year Program
The JA Company of the Year program allows you and a team of 25+ participants to go through the entire process of running a company with real products and real money. You develop a product idea, build your business plan, and then you physically make your product, market it, and sell it. This is an experience like no other with the time available to deliver complex ideas, make mistakes, recover from them and experience real successes.
- Team Orientation and Governance Guidelines
- Business Planning and Lean Canvas Methodologies
- Product/Process Development and Launch
- Ongoing Performance Management and Hustle
- Financial Accounts and Audit
- End of Year Report and Company Wind-Up
- Award Ceremony and Next-Steps
JA Australia is supported by corporate and educational sponsors such as Bechtel, HSBC, Bloomberg, who provide their time and support towards programs that benefit your future.
Tertiary Program – The Tertiary program is run over 6 months and provides in-depth workshops to accelerate your startup and business journey. Students will be eligible to compete for prestigious awards and will be invited to exclusive career networking events and opportunities.
- For the Tertiary program, you must be enrolled as a tertiary level student in New South Wales. (Some exceptions may apply for students with disadvantageous circumstances)
- You must be able to dedicate a minimum of 2 hours each week for team meetings in addition to compulsory foundation and ideation workshops at the start of the program.
- You must be able to demonstrate a passionate, driven mindset.
- Note: This is not a hackathon or incubator. We do not accept participants with an existing company or product. Product guidelines are strict and our program is about developing an in-depth understanding of the entire business process.
- Fill out your details below, you’ll get a welcome email and will be eligible to join the program.
- Your welcome email will involve a registration Part 2.
- We will assess and accept all Part 2 completions first.
- Any remaining positions will be allocated randomly to applicants who have only completed Part 1.
- If you are unsuccessful you will still have access to pre-registration for 2018.
- We will review your registration and contact you via mobile phone to confirm your acceptance into the program.
- Logistics around meeting times and compulsory dates will commence near the start of April.